Whoaa Black Betty

Whoaa Black Betty
It all started out as a $500 parts car

Monday, May 2, 2011

New Legs

Well Black Betty has been up on jack-stands for as long as I can remember. I had quite a fiasco getting new wheel bearings for it. I ordered two rears and one front and needed just the opposite then when I ordered the new front bearing I was missing I was shipped the wrong bearing.

After the third trip to Plano Automotive Machine I finally got the knuckles finished. I've got the front end back on the car with new tie rod ends and ball joints. Also installed TRD Japan lowering springs that should drop the car between 1 1/2" to 2".

I've also sourced some 94 Miata 7 spokes (read 10 lb aluminum) rims. I'll be moving Betty back to 14" rims which are the factory diameter. The 16 inch Black Enkei's are for sale if anyone wants them :). The reason I'm moving it to the factory rims is to reduce un-sprung weight and to aid acceleration. Topping out has never been a problem in Betty and her acceleration is a strong point and I've always said 'Play to your strengths'! I'll post some pics when she gets back on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment