Whoaa Black Betty

Whoaa Black Betty
It all started out as a $500 parts car

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The opportunist

Well for the last half a year I've been working on Black Betty and last week I did what no one thought I would do, I sold her. Not my girlfriend not my best friends Rick or Curtis thought I would do it.

Why would I do such a thing? A one in a lifetime chance, at least for this MR2 lover. What you see before you is a picture of a Supercharged 88 MR2 that has been owned since new by a woman that is 72 years old today. I will post more pictures but the interior is amazing. Cloth seats, all power windows and locks. It even sports the original aluminum alloy wheels. She is everything that I wanted Black Betty to become but was a serious opportunity to really own a piece of motorcar history.

24 years ago less than 2000 of these cars were shipped to the United States. This 5 Speed original is amazing. It doesn't have the suspension under it that Black Betty has (not yet, hehe) but the gearing and power is a much better match to the car. I'll be working on "Decker" from now on, cleaning him up and restoring the few things that he needs to be 'perfect'. We'll replace his front bumper, put in new gears on the window regulators, and replace the 'eyebrows'. Then maybe I'll hunt down some more TRD Japan lowering springs and start that process again.

No comments:

Post a Comment